Led by Artistic Director Peter C Brosius and Managing Director Kim Motes, Children's Theatre Company (CTC) is the nation’s leading theatre for multigenerational audiences and is one of the 20 largest producing theatres in the United States. A winner of the Tony Award® for Outstanding Regional Theatre, CTC creates extraordinary theatre experiences that educate, challenge, and inspire young people. It has set standards of excellence in the quality of its productions, commitment to new work, innovative education programs, and community partnerships.
CTC is dedicated to increasing equity, diversity and inclusion in our audiences, our programs and in all of our hiring for staff, artists, and recruiting of board members. CTC is committed to a future where our theatre is a home for all people, all families, and is truly reflective of our community. We are also committed to providing a work environment that is free from discrimination. CTC prohibits discrimination in employment against any employee or job applicant because of that person’s race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, familial status, veteran status, status with regard to public assistance, membership in a local human rights commission or any other legally protected status.
Process high volume of company-wide invoices and purchase orders for accounts payable. Support accounting office by working with and supporting Payroll Administrator and Director of Finance. Maintain good, open communications with all departments to process and manage any issues regarding accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general office management. Work with and assist Director of Finance on other projects/tasks as needed.
• Sort and match purchase orders to incoming invoices and other audit-approved support documents
• Process departmental/account allocations for shared vendors (i.e. copiers, telephone, postage)
• Input A/P into Great Plains Dynamics and post batches for Director of Finance
• Distribute payments by mail or disburse to department heads
• Reconcile monthly vendor statements to posted entries; resolve discrepancies; keep all vendor accounts current
• Follow up with CTC department heads regarding outstanding and/or missing purchase orders
• When necessary, obtain 1099-misc and other relevant tax forms for independent contractors
• Return w-9 and new account applications to vendors as requested
• Disburse approved petty cash and mileage reimbursements to CTC staff and artists
• Work with other departments to prepare a bi-weekly deposit and deliver to bank.
• Process and reconcile staff credit card purchases to monthly statements
• Maintain file of current employee credit cards and vendor purchasing cards
• File all A/P: purchase orders, invoices, and checks and verify compliance to standards set by auditors
• Track fiscal year-end invoices and coordinate efforts with department heads to ensure accurate inclusion of all fiscal year-end liabilities
• Aide Director of Finance during month-long annual audit preparation and on-site visit by auditors: pull test work documents, prepare spreadsheets, and update Accounting Procedures Manual
• Collect and file W-9 forms for all national independent contractors paid through A/P
• Collect and file the appropriate international tax forms for independent contractors outside the U.S.
• Update spreadsheet of payments made to independent contractors throughout the calendar year
• Prepare 1099Misc and 1042S forms for filing to the IRS and recipients in accordance with the IRS’s timeline
• Make corrections/amendments as required
• Order supplies for and maintain office equipment for administration offices
• Meet with potential office supply and equipment vendors; analyze cost-benefits, set up new accounts.
• Provide new staff with training in purchasing and other CTC accounting procedures
• Communicate with insurance vendor and maintain documents for new driver additions, certificates of liability coverage requests, reporting incidents, etc
• Assist staff-members with reporting expenses to grant-makers (i.e. DOE) as needed; pull filed P.O.’s, invoices, and statements and copy when requested by auditors or internally for reports
• Support Payroll Administrator, and Director of Finance as needed and perform back-up duties as directed
• Perform some Accounts Receivable functions, including but not limited to, the invoicing and payment collection of building rental contracts
• Distribute the daily mail
Demonstrated skills in accounting or bookkeeping required. Experience in a non-profit arts organization preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required.
Experience with Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word and Outlook. Familiarity with accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or Tessitura a plus.
Accurate, detail-oriented, organized, technical aptitude, time management, customer service, ethical, inclusive, self-motivated, problem solving
Please send a cover letter and resume to Andrew Robertson, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include the name of the position(s) to which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
March 4 – May 9
Send letter, resume and list of references to:
Ellen Baker, Production Manager, Children’s Theatre Company
Working knowledge of the following tools and their accessories: radial arm saw, table saw, band saw, cold saw, planer, jointer, drill press, miter box, wood lathe, router, sanders, MIG welding equipment, sewing machine, electrical and pneumatic power hand tools.
Please send application letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org