Performing Apprentice Auditions | Children's Theatre Company 2019-20 Season!
Children’s Theatre Company (CTC) is seeking actors to audition for its Performing Apprentice (PA) program for the 2019—2020 Season. CTC’s PA program offers a comprehensive opportunity for gifted young actors ages 19 and older. PAs have the unique opportunity to perform on our stages alongside our resident Acting Company members, student actors, and locally, nationally and internationally renowned guest artists, who have included Philip Dawkins, Lisa Portes, Henry Godinez, Carlyle Brown, Kia Corthron, Nilo Cruz, Naomi Iizuka, Greg Banks, Jeffrey Hatcher, Lloyd Suh, Michael Mahler, Alan Schmuckler, Jerome Hairston, and Cheryl West. PAs perform in named roles and as understudies and participate in readings and workshops of new works. They also have an opportunity to participate in other departments at the theatre to help grow their professional development.
The 2019 – 2020 Season will be officially announced in February of 2019. It will feature two world premieres (one by Philip Dawkins and the other by Greg Banks), two major musicals, and a regional premiere of a musical directed by Nataki Garrett.
Non-equity actors from underrepresented communities including, but not limited to, people of color, aged 19 and older
The Children’s Theatre Company Performing Apprentice program is paid. Apprentices are paid a weekly salary of $475, participate in company health insurance, and receive 15 weeks EMC credit. There is no crew, strike, or other technical requirement. The PA contract for next season is September 2019 – June 2020.
- DATE: Monday, February 4, 2019 from 1:00pm to 6:30pm
- CALL BACKS: Friday, February 8, 2019 from 3:00pm to 9:00pm.
- LOCATION: Children’s Theatre Company | 2400 3rd Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55404
- Enter via the STAGE DOOR located on SOUTH side, corner of 3rd and 25th.
- To Schedule Your Audition, sign up via Sign Up Genius by clicking here
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “PA Auditions - Minneapolis”
WHAT TO PREPARE
- Two contrasting songs of only 16 measures: one up-tempo, one lyrical. Songs can be from the musical theatre canon or of another genre (e.g. rock & roll, folk, gospel, arts songs, opera, etc.).
- An accompanist will be provided and we prefer accompanied selections only (no a cappella).
- Please come prepared to move as dance will be included in your audition.
- For callbacks, prepare two 1-minute monologues, contrasting in both style and tone.
- Bring your color headshot and current resume to the audition.
- Bring a completed Audition Form & Conflict Form which can be found along the right hand column of this page.
If you are unable to attend these auditions in person, please submit your audition digitally to email@example.com as a video link with subject line: “PA Auditions – Video”. We can accept DVD submissions as well, which can be mailed to:
Malick Ceesay, Company Manager
Children’s Theatre Company
2400 3rd Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
Deadline for submission is February 28, 2019.
CTC GENERAL CASTING STATEMENT
Children’s Theatre Company is actively recruiting and seeking performers from under-represented communities including, but not limited to, people of color, performers with disabilities, and LGBTQ performers for all casting, recognizing the value and importance of reflecting the diversity of our audience on stage.
“The nation’s leading theater for young audiences.” – TIME Magazine Winner of the 2003 Tony® Award for Regional Theater