We have always loved CTC. It is one of our older daughter's favorite experiences. But when our son was diagnosed with autism, we were intimidated by the thought of attending the theater. Providing a safe theater experience would help families enjoy shows. Also – just knowing we are welcomed is HUGE!Mom, Autism Society of Minnesota
CTC is committed to increasing access and inclusion for our community’s children and families affected by Autism Spectrum Disorders and other sensory, social, and cognitive disabilities.
To provide a supportive and welcoming environment for children and families, dedicated Sensory Friendly performances include:
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- Extra staff and volunteer support.
- Designated “Quiet Room” and “Take a Break Space”
- Guidance and sensory supports (fidgets, earplugs, noise cancelling ear-muffs) available in the lobby before the show
Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show. Families may select their own seats, but if special assistance or a buffer seat is needed, please call 612.874.0400.
- Social Story - Click Here for shows on the UHG Stage; Click Here for shows on the Cargill Stage
- Video Tour to prepare for your visit to Children’s Theatre Company - For UHG Stage Click Here; For Cargill Stage Click Here
- ‘Meet Your Seat’ opportunities are provided to reduce stress and support successful priming for the actual event. To schedule a Meet Your Seat visit prior to your scheduled performance date, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sensory Friendly Performances
CTC's line-up of Sensory Friendly shows include the performances listed below: I Come From Arizona | Friday, November 16, at 7pm
I Come From Arizona Sensory Guide | I Come From Arizona Social Story
Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas! | Friday, January 4, at 7pm
Mr. Popper's Penguins | Friday, February 22, at 7pm
The Hobbit | Friday, April 12, at 7pm
Roald Dahl's Matilda The Musical | Friday, June 21, at 7pm
Contact email@example.com for more information.